Tuesday, October 20, 2015

52 Week Money Challenge - Christmas Fund.


So an update on my 52 Week Money Challenge - the Christmas Fund.

I have not been following this idea as it shows on the label wrapped around the jar, where you deposit a certain amount each week.  I have done that in the past, where I was able to save enough to purchase a hot tub for the Cottage, which you can read about here.  Instead, I went and opened an account at a local bank that was offering a cash incentive.  So I have been depositing my money twice a month, before the 15th and after the 15th and at the end of three months, I will get an additional $150.00 cash incentive deposited into that account.  It came with a debit card (which I have not activated yet).  Once, all my money is deposited and possibly starting around Thanksgiving time (black Friday weekend), I will start my shopping and use the debit card associated with this account to purchase gifts, or pull out cash for those shopping excursions (like craft fairs, vintage shops, etc.) that take cash only.

Now, onto making my Christmas List and setting a budget.


No comments:

Post a Comment