Friday, January 9, 2015

Adding a Hot Tub to the Cottage with the 52 Week Money Challenge.

I started this Challenge the first week of January 2014 and saved until the end of the summer.  I ended up with around $1200 to work with.  A little bit of a challenge, because that $1200 had to buy my a tub, the pad and electrical, but I am very pleased with the results, pictures below.



I educated myself by reading about different hot tubs, going with a 110 or 220 electrical hookup, where I should place it and would read anything I thought would help me make my decision.   I chose a 220 electrical hookup just because I knew that I wanted my tub outside and here in Michigan, we have cold and snowy winters.  I searched on Craigslist, Stores with sales, Ebay, etc.

Here are some pics of the hot tub and installation.






This last picture, I thought I would put up a gazebo, but a snow storm took it out, so now it just sits out in the open.  I like it in the open, you can see all the stars at night.  This year, will be re-staining the deck.  But for anyone thinking about adding a hot tub, I think it is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment